Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me please!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation help me please!!!!!!!

So i took the headers off my 2001 z28 and was going to put them on my 99 trans am. the ta has 853 heads... the headers are dynatech 1 5/8s (i think) long tubes...

heres where the car god said F U... once i got the old manifolds out, the pass side header fit up and all the holes alined just fine, the drivers side not so much, had to hit the bottom of the header the get it past the floor pan, now that its up in there the holes arent even close before it hits the steering shaft and the coolant temp senor!!!!!!! I also had to take off the oil filter to get it up in there and now the header looks like it covers the area where the filter goes... I just dont understand why they fit on my camaro and dont fit on the trans am.

Please if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to chip in.. Im ok with ordering new pacesetters, i just wanna know if i need to order something different so they fit. Thanks Guys