Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which tb setup should i go with? please im seeking advice here!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which tb setup should i go with? please im seeking advice here!

my quesion to all of you is....right now i am runnin an ls6 intake, patriot stage 2 heads, an si5 cam which is 231/237 59x/5xx on a 112 , slp tuned length headsers and an x pipe.....well im really short on cash but i want to do at least 1 more mod, the cheaper the better, im running pretty strapped and being as i have a stock tb and maf i figured that would be a good place to start. Im going to be going with a fast/fast but its gonna be a couple years so for in the mean time....i wanted to get somethin set up so i didnt have to be running the stock tb...so i thought about having mine ported by my buddy...then i kinda figured, my car is kind of collector(40k 98, 1200 made in that paticular model) and i still have all the stock parts for value reasons so i was thinking it may be a bad idea to permanantly change any part of the car...if i port the tb thats a permanant change so i thougt...hey maybe it would be smarted if i baught one of those cheap stock ported tb or whatever...so right no after looking around my choices are.....port my stock tb(free) .................................................. ..................go with 1 of about 3 choices of 80mm tb's...... prices are 88,95,99 bucks a peace, those are all 80mm and i could always still port those even though they come80mm....and option 3...a tad outta my pricerange, but i can afford it.... i was considering the trick flow 80 mm tb...275 bucks......i would love some ideas as to whether i should just port my tb because nobody will notice when i go to sell it that its been ported anyway..... and its a free mod....option 2 is to possibly step it up to an 80 mm and have the option of porting that..which again the 3 80mm tb's prices were like 88,95 and 99....option 3 would be the trick flow tb...which looks pretty clean and thats 275.....what would you guys do and why? thanks in advance
Old 05-22-2010, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I say port yours. It's free. I don't think it will hurt anything down the road with your "collector" status. If you do go with one of the cheaper ones, make sure it doesn't have a core charge.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

+1 on the porting your own. Save money and spend it somewhere else.