Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rocker arm studs protruding into head

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocker arm studs protruding into head

I have a set a stage 1 PRC heads and when I put the rocker arms on the stud protrudes into the intake runner. I have two attached pics of it, i can't imagine that PRC didn't notice this. So it probly isn't an issue, but it just doesn't seem right. Does anyobdy know if i should cut the studs down, or just say to hell with it and go on about my business?
Attached Thumbnails rocker arm studs protruding into head-tn.jpg   rocker arm studs protruding into head-tn1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is pretty standard on ported GM castings to see that intake bolt hole in the intake runner. It's not just PRC, our competitor's heads do the same and it's no problem at all. Just be sure to use sealer (we use RTV silicone) to ensure you don't start burning oil due to that No worries at all there!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks a lot matt. That is what i wanted to hear.