Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Toy Ram Air problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fast Toy Ram Air problem

Went to install my FTRA tonight and found that owner before me completely cut the bottom out of the intake plastic so i will have to track one down. But i decided to go ahead and pull it out and just sort of mock-up the install process and found that my ram air seems to be about 1/4 of an inch to wide on both sides. Have any of you all had to grind on these units in your experience?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try and post some pics up, so we can see what your talking about. I didnt have no problems with mine at all but as you stated. The previous owner modified that piece.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know how your supposed to cut away some and leave a lip for the Ram Air to sit on?

Well when i pulled it off i noticed that someone had done the free ram-air mod and then took the filter out of the tray and it does not have the center plastic piece that go from top to bottom and the actually piece that the tray sits in had been cut smooth all the way around (no sort of lip or anything). Do you know the part number or price for one of these as i cant install the ram air with it like this. Unless bolting it up and just having it in there, but will that effect the seal?

Also, i could not get my ram air to fit it seemed to be to wide.