Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old debate new question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 04:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 298 Likes on 209 Posts

Question Old debate new question

I have straight pipes, American Racing 1 3/4 lt with a 3X2 1/2" X pipe staright back to an over axle 2 1/2" pipe with twin tips on the end. Yes its is a very loud exhaust.
Now the question is I have a set of the C5 ZO6 titanium over axle muffler set and I have been told they are not as restrictive as the LS1 plus they weigh nothing. I am seriously thinking of putting them on because 1 they are the lightest set of mufflers I will find, and 2 I have them.

Will this restrict the exhaust where I will see a difference. How much back pressure do you think i will create I know that 1.5psi is max and 0 is great but I am starting to go mad with the noise and the cops are starting to notice me even in my own neighborhood and i don't have 1200 dollars laying around for a set of good over axles.

No I am not running cats. How much HP loss does any one think I will experience.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:21 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think you will lose much. SOTP it will probably feel like you picked some up.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 298 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I don't think you will lose much. SOTP it will probably feel like you picked some up.
So i got up early and set up shop put them on. I had a little issue with getting her started, took a couple of cranks, but now she is fine. but like you said, she feels a little stronger down low. I hope am not just having that "feel good" mod feeling .

Actually to be exact she feels a lot smoother through the shift points acceleration and over all drive ability Ill take an after video here in a few hours and post a before and after.

Thanks for the input.