Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter ory-the worst ever???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pacesetter ory-the worst ever???

i recently installed a pacesetter ory on my 02 SS i have several problems/issues
- it knocks the floorboard pretty bad on and off the throttle
-the fitment and design were way off i had to trim it to fit on the magnaflow cat-back i have
-the side bracket that it supposed to bolt to the stock mount was about 8 inches behind the stock mount
-the clamps and hardware will not stay tight, i have used impact guns and everything short of welding they continue to loosen and cause leaks
i was wondering if anybody else with the pacesetter ory has these same problems also how they fixed them and to also warn those who have considered buying to check into the product more before buying
Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

No problems here, mine went right in. It was almost too easy. I'm not positive, but I don't think they can account for different types of catbacks when they design the Y's. You are just supposed to fit them front-to-back, rather than back-to-front.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Launching!

well i discussed it witht the company i bought it from (a sponsor on the site) that i would be using it with hooker LT's and magnaflow cat-back and was told it would work fine
Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

The same reason I went with a TSP ORY with my current setup. I had a Pacesetter ORY on my LT1 and didn't like it
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine fit perfectly.