Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp lid question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp lid question

im looking into getting back into a ta but i found a picture of a car i liked online until i seen this picture. it looks like there is a hole right in front of the mass air on the lid. wanting to know if yall think it was drilled for nitrous. just looks too big to be one to me. any ideas?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a lot bigger than what ive seen made for nitrous but im not sure, ask the seller see if they seem to give an honest answer.

Maybe they thought itd make it flow more air? lol

Is there other mods that might support that its been raced? Most people dont run nitrous on a stock car. I know someone who ran a ton of nitrous through the stock bottom end ls engine and never had problems, they just swapped to an lq9 built for a 300 shot. The ls is going into a corvette now, so it might not be the death of the engine if it has been set up to run it in the past.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say nitros too, it might got big after removal of nitros or something..or simply the guy bought it used just like this u never know..ask him.