Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clarification...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking clarification...

ok so i am about to spend a ridiculous amount of money and i wanted to make sure this all adds up and make sure i dont need anything else/different...

i already have full exhaust and cam

i am buying:
fast 102mm intake
fast 102mm TB w/ tps
fast toys 100mm MAF
fast toys 104 mm air box lid
slp intake
slp smoothe intake elbow
holley filter

anything else i need while i am murdering the account? haha oh and i was wondering if the intake elbow will go onto the bigger setup or atleast stretch?
any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! i need to get this knocked out before i actually realize how much money i am burning haha
Old 08-26-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you need an slp intake? That has me confused. Do you mean the cold air induction? And I am not sure if the smooth elbow is gonna work with that set-up.. You might have to go with some custom piping. There is a mod with home depot piping. It is also cheaper than the smooth bellows.

You will also need new fuel rails though as stock doesn't work on a 102 intake. Check the fast fuel rail kit.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

needs new fuel rails? i thought they pretty much bolt right up? and yes i meant air induction kit... well lemme see about the fuel rails, the fast 90 doesnt need new fuel rails does it? and what kind of difference will i see b/w 102mm+ all the way through as opposed to the 90mm?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cheston11
needs new fuel rails? i thought they pretty much bolt right up? and yes i meant air induction kit... well lemme see about the fuel rails, the fast 90 doesnt need new fuel rails does it? and what kind of difference will i see b/w 102mm+ all the way through as opposed to the 90mm?
Yes you'll need aftermarket fuel rails for the FAST 102. The Fast 78/90/92 was able to re-use the stock ones but not the 102.

The SLP Smooth bellow is designed to fit a stock size lid, maf, and tb, so you are wasting your money by getting it.

I would get the TSP (Texas Speed) 100mm maf as opposed to the Fast Toys 100mm maf. Pretty sure they are easier to tune.

If you are looking for a connector, go to google and type in "silicone intake hoses." Before you order it I'd say wait on getting the 104mm lid, maf, and throttle body so you can measure the outside diameters of the maf (if you are inserting it directly into the 104mm lid) and the outside diameter of the tb. 24.9mm = 1 inch.

Also, before you go ordering SLP junk, look up Chrs1313 ram air kit on Speed Inc's website. Its much much better. This design is about 2x larger than the intake of the SLP kit. You can get non-A/C version (which means you have to delete A/C) and a A/C version (which is slightly smaller but retains A/C). I think there is a GP on them right now actually.

The difference you see from going up to 102mm opposed to 90mm will be minimal. Unless you have heads that you can't get enough air to (which I doubt) then you won't see a huge difference.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

wow big help man, i really appreciate everything