Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blow through carb bonnet on NA engine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow through carb bonnet on NA engine?

Hey guys new the to forum. Here is the deal I'm having a 550-600hp N/A LS3 stroker built for my airboat. I'm ditching the fuel injection and running a carb setup.

My question is has anyone had any experience running a carb bonnet without any kind of forced induction? Good or bad. Performance drop offs at certain RPMs?

I'm looking to run a carb bonnet because with airboat the is a prop spinning within 2 feet of the carb. The props are known to pull air and even fuel out of the back side of the carb. Most guys build a bulky looking carb cover to stop this. I think they're ugly and a bonnet facing forward with conical filter would get the air induction point plenty far enough away from the prop.

Thanks for any help, Chance
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you check in the big block/small block sectiono you will get better responces because all carbed 4th gen f-body have to run a bonnet or elbow of some kind. I believe a taller elbow would give you the best performance as it is less restrictive.

Quick Reply: Blow through carb bonnet on NA engine?