Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what a freakin night! :/

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy what a freakin night! :/

so i had just finished putting my new ls7 clutch kit in my car. took me about an hour and a half just tinkerin around with it(already had my tranny out). well the first thing that went wrong was when i was putting the slave cylinder in, my speed bleeder i ordered has a 45* angle on the end that goes to the slave so it wouldnt work. had to just keep the stock piece on it. didnt bother me much. i have alway bled the clutch like that anyways so whatever. started cleaning up tools and realized i forgot to put my new rear seal in. WTF! jerked it back down real quick and pulled the old seal to see that it is much thicker than the one i got from orielleys. i literally put it in with my thumb and trigger finger. it is thicker in the way that one tire is wider than another. not diameter. should i be worried about this?? ive always had to do a little more persuasion than that to get seals in. im stopping now because its late and too much **** just went wrong at once. FML!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:00 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, walk a way for bit - otherwise you'll snap!

Come back a little later and have a go at it!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

good idea to walk away after a long night. when stuff starts going wrong and u start forgetting **** it means its time to step back and think about it for a few hours and get the determination back in u
Old 10-31-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i what you mean man thats the problem with working on these things. something is almost certain to go wrong. a job that should take 2 hours could easily take 6 or 7 haha
Old 10-31-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

im the kinda guy that i take it personally if something doesn't go right. it makes me mad and even more determined. on the other hand tho, i do have many tools in the woods across from my house. lol

its always funny how sometimes you can work on something stupid for hours and get frustrated and mad, only to take a break and come back and complete the task in a matter of seconds.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

agreed, im lucky enough to have neighbors with yellow labs who love to bring me my tools back when i throw them lol. i am ordering a gm rear seal tomorrow. dont feel like chancing the auto store seal just to have to do it all over again again. back to work on it tuesday and drive it out friday hopefully.