Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needing some GM Part #'s...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Needing some GM Part #'s...

Needing the hose that runs from the driver valve cover to the brake booster, starter bolts, throttle cable w/o traction control, LS6 intake gaskets, alternator bracket(s), and both radiator hoses. Hoping to find someone that works for a dealership and can help me out. I went to my local dealership and it just seemed a little high. I think he quoted me like $39 on the cable, $55 on the hose, $78 for the pair of radiator hoses, and $22 for both bolts. These prices are just ridiculous. I hate paying dealership prices. They have a 20% markup on everything.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silvy6.0
Needing the hose that runs from the driver valve cover to the brake booster, starter bolts, throttle cable w/o traction control, LS6 intake gaskets, alternator bracket(s), and both radiator hoses. Hoping to find someone that works for a dealership and can help me out. I went to my local dealership and it just seemed a little high. I think he quoted me like $39 on the cable, $55 on the hose, $78 for the pair of radiator hoses, and $22 for both bolts. These prices are just ridiculous. I hate paying dealership prices. They have a 20% markup on everything.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...t-numbers.html
Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The short starter bolt doesn't come up anywhere. Get the radiator hoses & intake gaskets at Pep Boys or something. The rest appears to be available, you won't know until you place an order. Save the attachment to your computer, it'll be way clearer.
Attached Thumbnails Needing some GM Part #'s...-taxi-shot.jpg  
Old 11-21-2010, 11:24 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

I'm just looking at the prices you posted compared to Parts Taxi. Where'd you get those numbers? Do they think you're the US military?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you dont want to pay the list prices find someone that works for a dealership and get them @ cost.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Have you looked at rockauto.com or gmpartsdirect.com? The only thing with gmpartsdirect.com is that you need the part #.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:33 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

gmpartsdirect.com will navigate you through the system to find the part you need. It displays the part numbers when you "submit" as you move towards checkout.

The last time I needed GM parts, Rock Auto had them but their shipping charges for GM parts is off the scale, worse than gmpartsdirect.com. Parts Taxi has the best shipping numbers, they don't pad it to squeeze more money out of you.

Quick Reply: Needing some GM Part #'s...