Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How important is this valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How important is this valve?

OK on my Fast 92 the flow valve that comes off the side is not there. The long inlet that it connects to is broken off. I just put some PVC seal over the hole. I can put one back but dont want to go through the trouble if it doesnt really matter. My car does have idling issues. Its not leaking there but the hose that goes from im guessing the valve cover to that inlet is not there nor the pvc check valve?... Im guessing is what its called. I have no EGR stuff on the car period.

Last edited by ssdungeon; 01-16-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like where the pcv pulls a vacuum from.. the port on the front of the passenger side valve cover should connect to the fitting on the throttle body. This would cause idling issues if it is not pulling the correct vacuum.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yup sounds like the PCV nipple is broken off, You need to fix it or get some breathers for the valve covers and basically do a pcv delete. However you must be certain that it is not leaking, and I would never trust Silicone to seal it, perhaps you could drill it out and install a 1-8 npt barb fitting if there is enough room. Easiest way to tell if its leaking is to start the car and spray around that area with some starting fluid, if you hear the RPMs change there is the problem, ,,dont hurt anything to spray all around the intake to check for other leaks also
Old 01-17-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny to see you post that. A friend of mine said the same thing. We are tappin it later this eve. Going to advance to get whatever is needed to get that line hooked up. Currently I have the nipple on the valve cover just covered.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Question:
I plan on runing from the drivers side valve cover to the tapped vaccum. Does it matter which side I port to it?

Originally Posted by RARON455
Yup sounds like the PCV nipple is broken off, You need to fix it or get some breathers for the valve covers and basically do a pcv delete. However you must be certain that it is not leaking, and I would never trust Silicone to seal it, perhaps you could drill it out and install a 1-8 npt barb fitting if there is enough room. Easiest way to tell if its leaking is to start the car and spray around that area with some starting fluid, if you hear the RPMs change there is the problem, ,,dont hurt anything to spray all around the intake to check for other leaks also
Old 01-17-2011, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Do you have the old ls1 pcv system sitting around still? If so put it back on and run a hose from the front of the pass. side valve cover to the fitting on the throttle body. If you want to upgrade your pcv get a new stlye LS6 valley cover which has a fitting in front of it to pull vacuum from instead of the valve covers.