Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucas injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lucas injectors?

I found a good deal on some 37# Lucas injectors. I was wondering if anybody has had any bad experiences with them. I tried searching but there wasn't really anything helpful. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been running a set of 42#'s from them for almost 4yrs now.. Haven't had any problems.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I believe they are the same design, if not the exact same as the other big body type injectors like the SVOs. I think they are called disk type injectors. I dont think they are that great for absolute precise fueling as the spray pattern isnt as great as other types of injectors. That being said I have run SVO 30s with no issues before. I would ask an expert like FIC injectors what they think about them. I sold my SVO 30s and switched to a set of their rejetted and flow-matched 42lb stockers.......possibly an option for you as well.

When discussing tuning for injectors with my tuner, he says about the SVOs "you cannot just scale them correctly in the tune and thats it, you must go back and double check the AFR throughout the rpm band to get everything perfect"

I tell him I bought FIC's rejetted 42s, he says "those injectors always scale out nicely"

Take that as you will.

Quick Reply: Lucas injectors?