Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP True Duals Question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP True Duals Question?

See I recently installed a hooker exhaust system on my Ls1 Camaro, I wasn't pleased with the sound and a while back I was really interested in the duals but I could never find them up until like a week ago,and I am going to get them but the only problem I see is that is says the Texas Speed Rumber X True Duals For 98+ Long Tube LS1 Cars,not I'm not sure if they are going to fit with the stock exhaust manifold and cats.<br>
<br>
I was going to get the true duals and either get Borla Mufflers for the ends,Flowmaster 10 Series Racing Mufflers or SLP Loudmouth 2 mufflers,I need help on the, 1st question and advice on the 2nd.I'd deeply appreciate the help I put the link below so you can look on your own.
<br>
<br>
http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=196&catid=46
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think they would fit without alot of work, The stock manifolds are considerably shorter than long tubes, The aftermarket pipes are not ment to run up alongside of the engine, They hook into the collector of the headers, which are at the back of the engine when installed. Personally, Your best bet is to save and get headers, then do the whole exhaust at once, I know its costly, but you wont end up spending money twice, and going through all the hassle. True duals are nice, but when you are feeding them with the stock manifolds They are not really being used to their potential. I recently seen a set of pacesetter lts go on craigslist for 100$. Another thing to consider is that headers greatly contribute to the sound of the exhaust. as far as mufflers there is a link somewhere that has multiple sound bites of different mufflers so you can get an idea. Hope this helps
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got rid of a magnaflow catback and ORY for TSP duals dumped with dynomax bullets.. All i can say is that it is worth the swap. Sounds so much better
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wouldn't be worth it,have seen people do it but its a waste,longtubes make duals end of story,save your cash don't half *** it,
Old 01-26-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friend did this with custom duals on his stock manifolds. We all told him to wait to do it. Now he wants to put LTs on and he has to redo his exhaust again
Old 01-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the advice,see the only thing I worry about with the Long Tubes is the delete of the cats because as far as I know, the stock cats dont go with the Long Tubes,so I am trying to keep my exhaust somewhat legal, I mean I know the sound and performance increment is much greater with Long Tubes. And I also live like 5 miles away from SLP so I could probably go pick up the pair of high flow cats.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 AM

Also I recently found the LPP X Pipes which look like they fit with the stock exhaust manifold/cats,Ive seen other cars they got pictures of with them and the sound clips are decently loud which is good,It's not about the money and half assing it. I also found borla exhaust racing mufflers which are not restrictive at all and give great tone,I mean they are like 150 each,plus the X pipes are 400,and the borla tips that I want are about 100 each. I use to have a 93 LT1 Camaro M6 with Shortys,Hi Flow Cat and Borla Catback,sounded excellent hopefully it will sound great with the LS1 =X.