Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Third Gen Swap header size need some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Third Gen Swap header size need some help

For our cars we are really limited in our selection if we want to run longtubes. I am in the process of building a heads and cam LS for my thidgen and needed some help when choosing a header size. I currently have picked up an MS4 cam, pushrods, Katech rod bolts, and am still looking around for a good price on a set of heads. They offer 2 sizes of headers for my car 1 3/4 and 2" (from Hawks third gen). My question is which would be best for my swap? The 2" are almost $400 more than the 1 3/4 headers and I was not sure if the 1 3/4 would be big enough. I will have nitrous on my car and will probably run about 125 shot on it. Car is a 6 speed with adjustable master cylinder and Textralia clutch and 3.73 gears right now, but will probably be switched to 4.10s later on. What do you think?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only reason I'd go with 2" is if you are building a stroker, or something with a blower on it. 1 3/4" is plenty for what you are doing IMO, in fact there is a car in houston running 9's on BRP mids with nitrous on the car. The 2" will also be a MUCH tighter fit, and due to the variance in swaps and variance in motor mount designs, it could get ugly under the hood trying to fit them in.

I myself will likely run mids from BRP or the basic Hawk's headers, the price is a bit hard to swallow though, considering they cost half of what I paid for a running and driving TPI 350 car LOL!

Zone may pop in, he is running hawks headers on a 6.0 with an aggressive heads and cam, I believe he is running a Trex. That is a mean little swap car.

Quick Reply: Third Gen Swap header size need some help