Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 oil pan wont clear 4.125 stroke someone help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 oil pan wont clear 4.125 stroke someone help.

like I said was excited to put my 427 on my k member today and the oil pan is hitting windage tray any ideas or experience?. Or does anyone know of a pan that will clear tray and k member??? I called tsp they said they weren't sure. I tried grinding the pan down on the inside seems to be working but I do not know if I will be able to enough to get it down enough to clear? please help thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Now I had the same problem with a 4 inch stroke and I had the cut the **** out of my windage tray and grind down the oil pan on the front. I checked everything with no pan gasket to make sure I had enough clearance. I got mine on and no later problems. Hope that with the Eighth inch longer stroke u can clear it. But I'm sure you can
Old 04-28-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 99slobird
Now I had the same problem with a 4 inch stroke and I had the cut the **** out of my windage tray and grind down the oil pan on the front. I checked everything with no pan gasket to make sure I had enough clearance. I got mine on and no later problems. Hope that with the Eighth inch longer stroke u can clear it. But I'm sure you can
It's a shame that no one makes a "spacer" for oil pans . . .

Dave
Old 04-30-2011, 06:36 AM
9 Second Club

i cut my tray to for my 408 and pan

Quick Reply: ls1 oil pan wont clear 4.125 stroke someone help.