Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness on firewall, WTF!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness on firewall, WTF!!! HELP!!!

Hey everyone! I'm finally in the process of putting my bird back together after a year and a half. My one problem I have right now it the wiring harness connection that goes through the firewall on the drivers side. HOW DO YOU DISCONNECT THE THING?! I have tried everything short of breaking the connector which I know isn't a good idea. There seems to be some kind of sealant similar to hot glue that may be keeping it together, I dunno. Any help would be awesome, thanks!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

just get a mini torch and heat it up a little and try pullling it apart. BUT NOT TOO MUCH TO MELT THE CONNECTOR. ive done this and its worked for me in the past. little heat, try and pull apart, little heat, and so on and so forth
Old 03-08-2011, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

the harness on the drivers side of the firewall doesn't disconnect at the firewall. it all unplugs inside the car. disconnect a few connectors (i forget how many) up under the drivers side of the dash, remover the 7mm bolt holding what appears to the connector at the firewall (the bolt is on the outside of the firewall), then squeeze the tab at the top of the firewall connector from the inside & feed the wiring harness out into the engine bay. hope this helps
Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Teching In

I'll try feeding through the firewall, it seems like a tight fit for the connectors under the dash. If that doesn't work, mini torch it is.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

The torch comment was to disassemble the grommet by melting the sealant out

If you're simply removing it, just unplug it under the dash. Leave your cutting/heating tools in the garage

Quick Reply: Wiring harness on firewall, WTF!!! HELP!!!