Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Exhaust issue

So I just did my headers with poly motor mounts. Did one side at a time no biggy. Pain in the *** but worth it. driver side header slid right in surprisingly. then the passenger side. Well everything is buttoned up now and I started it. must I say SICK!!! Well now the issue I have, my tsp y pipe is either too long or I have a lot of adjusting to do. I slid the pipes together and pushed them as far as theyd go but still. It wont go. So I think I either need to cut the y pipe or cut my stock I pipe. Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My bro replaced the Pacesetter ORY on his 02 SS with a TSP ORY. We had trimmed about 2" off the I-pipe when installing the Pacesetter and the TSP fit just fine in its place without any further modification.

I recommend trimming the I-pipe rather than the Y-pipe. Its easier make one cut than it is two (or more).

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What did you do about the flared end on th I pipe? Have the exhaust shop reflare it or just welded it together?