Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH Cutout stopped working?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default DMH Cutout stopped working?

I have a 3" DMH cutout and the other day it just got stuck and now it doesnt work. Can i buy just the motor from DMH? How is their customer support? Anyone else have this happen?
Old 05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you got to do is call the guy at DMH and he will be glad to work with you to get your problem fixed. The only trouble you'll have is getting up with him because he is busy. I called him when mine went bad and he fixed me right up. You'll probally have to take it off and send it to him like I did. If I remember right the motors rivited to the mounting plate. Have you verified the motors not turning? There are a couple of allen screws that can loosen up and cause the same problem.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

how long did it take you to get yours from the time you paid him. i sent money via paypal a week ago still havent heard anything from him
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC98Z
All you got to do is call the guy at DMH and he will be glad to work with you to get your problem fixed. The only trouble you'll have is getting up with him because he is busy. I called him when mine went bad and he fixed me right up. You'll probally have to take it off and send it to him like I did. If I remember right the motors rivited to the mounting plate. Have you verified the motors not turning? There are a couple of allen screws that can loosen up and cause the same problem.
I agree on all statements. I JUST went through the same thing. The easiest is to get in touch and he'll replace it. I didn't have to send mine back, but it was only a year old.

I learned that the gear box manufacturer won't talk to you. Since I used to do a lot of RC, I recognized the motor. The motor is similar to a Mabuchi RS-385. It's fairly easy to change.

But finding a low RPM high torgue version is really hard. The one you can easily find for $3 is too fast, and bounces when you close the cut out.

Call him until you get him, and he'll send out a new gearbox unit.

Clean up the butterfly and shaft. Mine had tons of carbon and the shaft froze in the bushings. That is what caused the armature to burn out. From now on I'm going to pull mine off and clean it every year, as in just before, spring cleaning.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

Call him. Don't waste your time e mailing.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll call him. The gearbox is fine but the motor is fucked. The two screw mounting positions on the front of the motor look like the tore clean off somehow or another, so the whole armature is off balance and doesnt spin right.

Quick Reply: DMH Cutout stopped working?