Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reassembling blindly, need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reassembling blindly, need help!!

Motor was rebuilt in my 98 z28 and I'm finally able to getting it finished. I'm having trouble figuring out where the vacuum hoses go. There's one on the very rear of the intake that I don't know where it goes, and I have no idea where the one that goes into the brake booster goes either. This thing is a wiring nightmare. It now has all kinds of extra wires on it, and a separate fpr that isn't mounted on the fuel rail so idk where to even start with that crap. Basically just wanna get started with the vacuum lines for now and I'll get to the rest of it later.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The small vaccum line on the rear of the intake goes to your hvac system. The vaccum line for the brake booster is also on the rear of the intake, the larger port.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well the a/c is completely removed, so what do I do with it now?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For $17 you can get a one subscription at alldata diy (dot com) that will allow you to access all sorts of repair information for your specific vehilce including detailed wiring diagrams. I would never attempt one of these projects without it.