Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I "clean" my lm7 and make it look better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I "clean" my lm7 and make it look better?

I think that my lm7 looks ugly in the front. I will not use ac on my car, And is it possible to use another lower mounted alternator and a better looking waterpump etc? Atm itīs just alot of aluminium.

What parts can I change to?

Old 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eliminate the EGR, if you want a "pretty" water pump go electric like a meziere. or you could just have that one painted. you can have the brackets powdercoated also thats what i did and it looked great. get rid of the big truck intake and get a ls6 one, also have the valve covers powdercoated. and of course clean the block and paint it.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

If you dont like the locations of the stock accs, there are plenty of options out there for different configurations. If you are not into spending money (like me) I did a lm7 and you can keep everything stock but clean it up and it looks great! Pay special attention to the block (paint it) and clean or paint the manifold. I also painted the brackets, especially the big heavy ugly alternator bracket, metallic silver out of the rattle can with a coat of clear over it and it looks great! also tape off the h2o pump and do the same. It will look like a totally different engine!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah ill agree, plenty of other options. paint will go a long way tho too! seen a few good threads in (iirc) apperance and detailing about cleaning up engines and painting them.

also...that big ugly intake...can be cleaned up and it doesnt look too bad...

aluminum---can be polished pretty easily...if you have a polisher...(my old man bought one...so i experimented with some parts....pretty easy)

Quick Reply: How can I "clean" my lm7 and make it look better?