Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals and torque arm question (yes i read sticky)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True duals and torque arm question (yes i read sticky)

I read the sticky it was kinda vague on the torque arm subject. Two quick questions. If i were to run tsp duals, could I run them with the stock torque arm if i get a relocation bracket or will they clear with just an aftermarket torque arm?

My apologies for beating a dead horse
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From my understanding, the aftermarket long torque arms (Tranny mounted) will fit with the TSP duals with or without the relocation bracket. I had the TSP duals and ran into the same situation. I wanted to run the body mounted torque arm so I rerouted my TSP duals down the passenger side of the car.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

UMI makes their #2205 work with TSP duals and MWC has their short version TA with their rear end setups. I have these duals as well and looking for something that won't cost me $350.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blu99T/A
From my understanding, the aftermarket long torque arms (Tranny mounted) will fit with the TSP duals with or without the relocation bracket. I had the TSP duals and ran into the same situation. I wanted to run the body mounted torque arm so I rerouted my TSP duals down the passenger side of the car.
You have any pics on how you routed them down the passenger side? Curious to see how it looks

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
You have any pics on how you routed them down the passenger side? Curious to see how it looks

Thanks.
Sure, the only thing i changed was the x-pipe. I got a tighter x-pipe that happened to be stainless.

Great ground clearance. (My car is lowered with hose mod and cut springs) muffler has been patched after having a hanger removed from the previous setup.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

thanks. I will install my stranos and decide how low it is. I don't DD the car so if if I can have 2-3 inches I'll be okay I think. I know every dip or pot hole in the city LOL!!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car came with TSP true duals and the stock tq arm. Have not ran into any problems so far.

Quick Reply: True duals and torque arm question (yes i read sticky)