Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 compressor won't fit. Relocation options

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Default 5.3 compressor won't fit. Relocation options

Hello,

I have another post in this section about my exhaust manifold not fitting. Here I'm also curious about another problem I have just run into.

My new engine mounts which connect the 5.3 LS I have from a 2003 Chevrolet silverado interfere with the compressor mount. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the options available. I know they make entire serpentine systems but they are very costly and I am less concerned about looks and more concerned about making things fit as cheaply as possible without compromising reliability and safety.

I'm not sure if there is a different style compressor mount that would let me just reinstall the compressor, which also has a tensioner on it or if I'll end up having to move everything on the front around. If so I'm a bit confused about what to do there. Should I get the entire front end off a corvette or are there cheaper kits available than that option. I suppose essentially, I'm just a bit lost on options.

Here's a picture of the motor mount installed and me holding the compressor mount up where it used to go

Here's a picture of the front of the engine

If you'd like the see my build thread it can be seen here
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ge=1&reverse=1

Thank you,
Brandon
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Use a KWIK Performance mount....
Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

OK. I had seen a few threads where people used those. I'll check them out.

Brandon
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This bracket is from S&P ($$$) and uses an aftermarket compressor with somewhat stock location. This a C-5 part but they may have something that will fit the truck FEAD.

Quick Reply: 5.3 compressor won't fit. Relocation options