Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INSTALLING CHRS1313 ram air... shroud trimming?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INSTALLING CHRS1313 ram air... shroud trimming?

Ok, I'm a bit nervous on trimming the radiator shroud (yes out of everything including cutting the hood latch bracket, THIS is what makes me nervous LOL). does anyone have a shot of the cuts they made to the upper radiator/condensor shrouding? I don't want to cut it wrong and be stuck without my car a few days (it's hot hot hot out here right now). looks like a cut straight down from the stock slit for the air filter to breathe (riiiight gj GM.) but I can't find any info confirming it, and that destroys the only places it mounts. so is that right?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in case any other's are anxious when it comes to cutting up the car like me.. direct from chris1313
"The black shroud just needs to have a rectangle type hole cut into it so the ram air slides inside of it. Most including me just removed the top portion when I do a car and leave the bottom one. It is up to you though."

Gotta love customer service like this guy gives it!

I opted not to remove it just to help channel a little more air up to the top portions of the condensor and radiator where the ram air fits so tight.

Quick Reply: INSTALLING CHRS1313 ram air... shroud trimming?