Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some valve cover help! Perimeter to centerbolt

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some valve cover help! Perimeter to centerbolt

First I have searched and searched, then searched some more. I have a 98SS with the perimeter bolt valve covers. I'm putting onvsome PRC LS6 heads with the center bolt. Can I get ls6 valve covers and make my coil packs work? Or am I stuck getting a relocation kit? I would like to get stock center bolt valve covers and be able to bolt my coil packs on. Any help? I've read so much I'm not sure which way to go now
Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can just get centerbolt valve covers, they will fit fine on the heads, but You will need to get a set of coil brackets,,the centerbolt heads used steel brackets, they mount to the valve covers and then the coil packs mount to the brackets,, Easy,, you can score some on ebay pretty cheap, or even picknpull maybe even a member on this site..
Heres what they look like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS6-Coil...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help! So my 98 coil packs will bolt up to those brackets?

After more searching it appears they will bolt up. Thanks for your help! I'm trying to get everything together and take it down to the Texas speedway for the laps for charity again.

Last edited by Dustin98SS; 05-01-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did it go? I'm installing a 2002 ls1 in my 98 trans an and having the same issue. will my 98 coils mount to the 99-02 brackets??
because i'm not sure about wiring harness connector for the 02 coils.. the guy i bought the engine from is selling me the coils and brackets now, but they haven't arrived yet.

Quick Reply: Need some valve cover help! Perimeter to centerbolt