Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potz P&P TB, FTRA: My Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potz P&P TB, FTRA: My Review

Hey guys,

Well I had the Potz Ported and Polished TB and the Fast Toys Ram Air installed a few days ago. First off, just have to say-- The vendors on here are extremely customer service friendly. Any questions I had were responded and taken care of in a timely manner. My packages arrived on time, in perfect condition.

The TB was a simple bolt on, the polished look really adds a little something to the engine bay. The TB Bypass was included at no extra cost, which was pretty nice on Potz behalf. (I think it's a 3.99 option)

The FTRA required a little sawing of the stock airbox, and a little more work to be installed-- but it was pretty flawless. The quality of the product is very good, everything was included and no missing parts.

After installation, throttle response is very noticeable, it seems to really pull a little harder in the upper RPMs. I can now tell, after the SLP lid that was installed last week and these mods....this LS1 is breathing the way it should.

And as I have read, many of you are worried about temps going up due to the bigger size of the FTRA in front of the radiator/condenser. It's been about 103 with the heat index the past two days, and even with the a/c on full blast-- My temperature has only gone up MAYBE 5 degrees compared to stock. I turn off the A/C and it's back to normal, and stayed there for a 1-2 hour drive in the heat. After reading, once I throw in a lower temperature T-Stat and program, this will offset any temperature differences.

All in all, I thought it was a great beginner modification to help the car breathe a little easier-- Now all I have to do is let it exhale better (that's next!).

Thanks,
Kenny D
Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats cool. I was thinking of doing this mod but it really didnt seem worth it to me at the time.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
Thats cool. I was thinking of doing this mod but it really didnt seem worth it to me at the time.
The Potz was definitely worth the price, the FTRA is really up to you. Some will say money can be put elsewhere, but your car is your car. Obviously, I don't have any flow numbers....or track numbers like some. I just felt like putting that on-- Mainly I made the post to thank vendors on here. Zero problems, prompt shipment, customer service if I had any questions!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Did you ever go to the track when you were stock so you can compare the trap speeds?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats good, get her tuned and you'll definately benefit.

a good sealed true ram air is good for 2mph on the top in FWIW
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

im lookin at gettin a potz tb soon. glad you like it
Old 05-31-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldve bought a chrs1313 or a SSRA

both good pieces

Quick Reply: Potz P&P TB, FTRA: My Review