Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LM2 and BBK LT's, before and after videos!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LM2 and BBK LT's, before and after videos!

Good evening everyone! I have been a long time lurker on these forums after picking up my 2002 Z last October. I have finally come to add some real exhaust to this thing, and replaced the hacked up Magnaflow cat back, and stock manifolds/cats. The guy who had it before me saw the need to have someone remove the muffler from the cat back, and weld in 2" pipe to straight pipe it. (extremely poor weld job, I might add).

As a replacement, I purchased the ceramic coated BBK LT's and SLP LM2 from ws6store.com, by far the lowest price on both items that I've seen. Super fast shipping too! Not to mention free.

Also, I'll say this now, I'm sorry for not rapping the crap out of it in either video. First of all, the car was cold in both videos, and secondly I'm not 17 anymore, and actually CARE about being courteous to my neighbors.

Oh, and sorry for the first vid being up side down. I figured my iPhone would right itself no matter what the orientation, such was not the case. Oh well. Enjoy! (be sure to hit HD!)

http://youtu.be/XTlo6qD6-WY

http://youtu.be/EQlZILjmuLM

Last edited by Dustin Raab; 06-01-2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Apparently I'm such a noob I can't even embed videos right.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I created this post mostly for those who are considering a similar setup, and who may have questions about the install. What I can say up front is, outstanding fitment and quality from BBK! Well done. The headers were perfect, and slid into place with ease. Of course with any header install, the most difficult part was removing the old junk. I did this install by myself, and it was not an issue, quite painless so long as you have plenty of adapters/sockets. I replaced the stock header bolts with new grade 8 bolts and lock washers, as the old bolts appeared relatively heat stressed and weakened. As a matter of fact during this install I discovered that the previous owner broke the head off of the front most #1 cylinder header bolt, it protrudes from the block about 1/4". Tried to grab it with vise-grips and twist it out, but short of removing the head, that sucker is in there. Haven't noticed any leaks, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. The "Y" was also extremely well made, and the two-bolt ball type junction between the Y and the LT's is flawless. The SLP cat back on the other hand, though I can't say was "poorly" made, it did take some pretty decent coaxing to get it to fall into place. It appears SLP wasn't too concerned with matching pipe diameters, even though all of the connections on this cat back are clamp type, that require pretty close fitment. For example, the muffler outlet is substantially larger than the outlet pipe it mates with, probably by 1/8 of an inch. This equates to a squashed muffler outlet that doesn't seal properly. I'll be ordering a 3" band clamp to replace the cheesy clamp it came with to fix that. I really dig the 4" rolled-tip option with this kit, looks great. As far as O2 sensors, the passenger side up-stream does not require modification, as one of the rear sensors with the longer pig-tail fits fine. The drivers side however I simply cut the down-stream sensor plug from the cars harness, and cut the wires off of one of the down-stream sensors. Mated the two together with butt connectors, and that made for a perfect O2 extension for the drivers side up-stream O2 sensor. I plugged the down-stream sensor holes with the remaining sensors, however because of the cutting I did to the wiring they're obviously not hooked up. Just plugging a hole. (not that they'd do any good anyway without cats). Also, because these are "racing" headers, I removed the entire A.I.R. system. Very simple to do. Not even worth explaining, as there's a great thread on here that covers how to do it.

That pretty much sums it up!