Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

qtp elec cutout bolt to hooker cutout yah or nah??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default qtp elec cutout bolt to hooker cutout yah or nah??

i emailed qtp and they said it should fit as long as the hooker is a standard flange, i dont know if it is or not, it looks like it would work, though the bolts on the hooker cutout are kinda big(needed a 9/16" wrench to take the nuts off). Has anyone done it before? i dont want to spend $140 on the electric part only to have it not work, but if i have to use the qtp tubing then ill just forget the whole electric cutout thing and stick with the manual uncapping. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

takes 30 seconds to get under the car and uncap it. I used a generic summitracing cutout. couldn't be happier, only thing is...im lazy and i love the sound with the hooker catback so i never put the cap back on. been running with the cut out open, lt's no cats for about a week now hehe its awesome i looooove it. i couldn't justify the 180 for the electric one for the same reason you stated...i dont want to spend 100 bones + just for it to break.
i think the hooker cutout uses regular bolts, the summit one i got for 28 bucks came with wing nuts...they come off quite easily, and when the cap was on i didnt have any issues with them coming loose.

i hope that helped
Travis
Old 04-01-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

no i want the electric cutout but want to know if it will bolt up to my existing manual cutout, if it doesnt then i will forget it and keep the manual one.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

ahh oops sorry about that i misread your first post. not quite sure, you might want to try calling qtp. I would think as long as the bolts are long enough you'd be golden.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slik98z
ahh oops sorry about that i misread your first post. not quite sure, you might want to try calling qtp. I would think as long as the bolts are long enough you'd be golden.
yeah i emailed them they have no clue and said it "should work". im affraid the bolts may be too big, or wont be aligned right. i guess ill just take a pic and send it to qtp to see if it will fit.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

it should fit.. inst it just a 3" cutout? the flanges on those are standard i think..