Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum leak? LS6 Intake Gaskets Question, PCV, Catch Can...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum leak? LS6 Intake Gaskets Question, PCV, Catch Can...

Ok so long story short I have a p0300 (random multiple misfire.) I took my LS6 Intake off that someone else installed as well as a whole bunch of other stuff. I noticed when I took it off that the person who installed it used 1 of the gray gaskets for the runners and then 7 thicker orange gaskets for the rest. I bought the Fel-Pro kit locally and it comes with 8 Blue thick runner gaskets and the 2 foam pads for the knock sensors. Here are my questions, should I use RTV on the runner gaskets? Also would running a different gasket on one runner be able to cause a p0300? I have everything off now and would rather do it right the first time and turn the key and have the engine fire back up like it used to. Also the PCV tube that goes from the back of the driver side head to the passenger side head had a crack in the rubber boot that connects to the back of the passenger side head. I saw online the whole new tube is about $100, can I find just the angled boot somewhere? Could I put some RTV in the crack of the boot and then electrical tape it up? Should I use Loctite on the intake bolts? Whats the factory torque? Should I torque them in a particular order?

Last edited by B0dyDr0pp3d; 08-07-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also noticed that the plastic covers on what I believe are the knock sensors on the Valley Cover are loose and you can easily pull them up, is that normal or should I RTV those down onto the Valley cover then put the foam pad gaskets over them?

Quick Reply: Vacuum leak? LS6 Intake Gaskets Question, PCV, Catch Can...