Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay headers guys come in here

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ebay headers guys come in here

Alright, so I got a Z28 for a DD. The exhaust is sort of rusty and the manifolds are leaking pretty bad so I am just going to put headers on the car. It being my DD and I am getting ready to cam my Z06 and get a clutch for it, I don't want to spend a shitload of $ on it.

How do the Ebay headers fit? (Im talking the stainless 185$ ones) Are they worth a ****? Should I just save up and get pacesetters? Any info is appreciated and thanks in advance. I just dont want to buy them and hate them. I just hate the tick tick leak sound and if I am gonna replace the manifolds and gaskets I might as well throw some headers on it
Old 09-21-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

A little grinding on the k-member is what's needed most of the time to get them to fit right. Also, dont forget to have the emmisions fitting cut off and welded shut. They tend to break off fairly easy.

I owned two Camaros with Ebay headers, no regrets here........except not cutting/welding the emmisions fittings on the first set.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
A little grinding on the k-member is what's needed most of the time to get them to fit right. Also, dont forget to have the emmisions fitting cut off and welded shut. They tend to break off fairly easy.

I owned two Camaros with Ebay headers, no regrets here........except not cutting/welding the emmisions fittings on the first set.
10-4 thanks for the info.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Launching!

mine fit right in and cant complain about the performance change you motor mounts before you grind the k member mine hit before i changed the mounts
Old 10-05-2012, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

I decided to just get a set of pacesetters, found some for 50$ more than the ebay headers and I know they fit really well from past experience. Thanks for the advice though.

Quick Reply: Ebay headers guys come in here