Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell if check valves are burned???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to tell if check valves are burned???

I installed LT and got that constant ticking noise on the collector on the pass side...and a small faint ticking on the driverside...I did a search and followed all the procedures mentioned to help this ticking noise issue....Well I did the A.I.R. restrictor plate mod and I still have the ticking...I checked wires and plugs and everything seems fine....No leaks from thre bottom because I had it welded all around...Checked header bolts and gaskets and everything seems fine....Supposedly you are not to overtorque them which I know we didn't because the damn clearance gives them no play for tools to fit and have an overtorqued effect... ...So would the checkvalve be burned??...How long before they burn ???....Just though of something!!The same night after installation..there was no ticking at all.....and we test drove it and raced it like crazy!!!...then the ticking noise started in the next two days....I was like WTF!!!...Was it possible for the checkvalves to have burned up during that time frame???..My car is a 98....and we did turn on the car with open manifolds....Any help would surely be appreciated
Old 04-08-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know also. I had to turn on my car with open manifolds to move it. It was running for about 2 minutes and didnt go above 2k