Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swapped truck. Running rich and lean on different banks

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LS1 swapped truck. Running rich and lean on different banks

My buddy just got his truck back from getting the harness done on his LS1/4L60E swapped '90 454SS truck. motor/trans/PCM all out of an 04 GTO. It just has a stock factory tune from the GTO but the truck has full exhaust, intake, and a big *** fuel system. It's got a walbro 255 with 6an hose all the way to an aeromotive FPR then into some professional products fuel rails then stock LS1 injectors. So the problem is, the computer is thinking that bank one is running rich, so it's taking away some fuel (not too much plugs look ok) and it thinks that bank 2 is running super lean so it's DUMPING fuel like crazy (BLACK plugs and black out of exhaust). I've tried searching for a similar problem but didn't have much luck. The truck runs like total crap when you try to take off from a light. bogs like crazy and goes nowhere. But from a roll if you nail it it'll downshift and it runs pretty decent (i guess it's able to eat up all the fuel).

So if anyone else has had this problem, please post here. I way thinking maybe a tune problem but he doesn't want to go waste money on a tune and not fix it.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

O2 sensor leads are probably mixed up.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2, Make sure that Bank 1 and Bank 2 O2 Sensor wiring is actually installed to B1 and B2. If they are switched, One bank will go full rich and the other will go full lean. It will run normally in open loop.

Jeff
Old 10-04-2012, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

yes we were actually thinking that this could be an issue also. The truck does run normal in open loop. Thanks very much for the info we will swap sides monday and report back here
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

well we swapped them and it runs a whole lot better! Truck still needs a tune but swapping the harnesses pretty much fixed everything.

Thanks a lot guys!

Quick Reply: LS1 swapped truck. Running rich and lean on different banks