Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASP Pulley questions/possible issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASP Pulley questions/possible issues?

Hey guys! I am going to have my ASP Pulley installed in a few days. I have a 2001 WS6 M6 with Lid, GMMG exhaust, Jet Hot LTs and catted Y pipe. Now my question is, will this pulley cause any issues with my car? I have heard of voltage problems and such from these things? I just don't want to have bad driveability because of this. Also, do any of you guys know what belts, or belt part # I need for the ASP Crank Pulley? Thanks a lot guys!
Old 04-13-2004, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had only one issue with mine, and that was with the alternator pulley being too tall and walking the belt off. I put the stock alternator pulley on, and all has been well.

As for belts...

http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm
Old 04-13-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for that info! I got another question though. Will I need a new crank bolt for the asp crank pulley? What size do I need, and where can I get it? Are these available at Napa or autozone? I need it by tomorow morning, thanks a lot guys!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

As far as charging problems, you shouldn't have any as long as you're not running a hefty stereo system. I see that you're an M6 also, so you shouldn't even really notice a difference in your car. You also can't re-use the stock bolt as it is torque to yield, but you can pick up another one from your local dealer. Part number is 12557840.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

Alright guys, I found the belts at autozone, but I can't find the crank bolt for anything. I went to autozone and napa and they said they don't carry them. I then went to the dealer and they said they didn't have any in stock and it would take a few days to get it in. I don't know where else to go? I was going to have it installed tomorow along with my LTs, but I guess I'll have to change my plans unless I can get some more ideas on where to get it. Where could I get a new crank bolt to be used with my ASP pulley? Thanks guys!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

i talked to a sponser here and they told me i could reuse my stock crank bolt just use some locktight it also says on asp instructions that u can reuse it with some locktight.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not.....I repeat would not reuse a crank bolt. They only cost about $4. Try a few other dealers. Someone is bound to have it.