Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Accessories, PS delete pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Accessories, PS delete pulley?

This is kind of an oddball one, but I am trying to find a PS delete pulley. I know a lot of folks have removed PS pumps and just gone direct from the crankshaft to the alternator with a shorter belt. However I'd like to find an idler that bolts in place of the PS pump so I can run the same length belt.

I am putting my 5.3L in a 65 GMC pickup with a manual steer box. However in the not too distant future I want to convert to a Porterbuilt Dropmember suspension with a Power Steering rack. I just can't afford that right now. My thought is if I can run an idler I don't have to go through the trouble of picking up a bunch of belts to find the right one(and return the rest). Then change belts again later. It isn't a big deal but if I can find an idler to do this for a reasonable price I would do it.

My Kwik AC bracket tells me what belt to get, makes it easier than trying to remember what belt I put on when the one I have wears out, etc etc.

I searched a bit and didn't really find something like I am referring to. Most people aren't concerned about going back to PS later.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-10-LS1-LS...9ffdbb&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: Truck Accessories, PS delete pulley?