Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 intake to LM7 which valley pan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 intake to LM7 which valley pan?

I've been reading about LS2 intake swaps all day and I can't seem to find which valley pan to use. Some say LS6 and some say LS3. I don't care about the power loss/gain from this manifold, it just needs to clear the hood on my rock crawler buggy. Any help for an LS rookie is appreciated!

Last edited by xtremexj; 02-13-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Think about it

LM7 and LS6 are both GEN III engines which means the knock sensors will be in the valley, so you need a GEN III valley cover. LS2 and LS3 are both GEN IV that have external knock sensors, so the valley cover wont work

Use the stock valley or LS6 if you need the better PCV system. A catch can would do better
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pocket
Think about it

LM7 and LS6 are both GEN III engines which means the knock sensors will be in the valley, so you need a GEN III valley cover. LS2 and LS3 are both GEN IV that have external knock sensors, so the valley cover wont work

Use the stock valley or LS6 if you need the better PCV system. A catch can would do better
Thanks for the info! I've been a Ford/Jeep guy all my life (40yrs) so all this LSx stuff is like going to the dark side for me and I only have basic knowledge of all the ins and outs of all the different LS series.

Quick Reply: LS2 intake to LM7 which valley pan?