Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals and flowmasters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duals and flowmasters?

has anyone ever used a set of 40 series two chamber flowmaster mufflers for their dual exhaust? mufflers are19" overall length, 9.75" width and 4" thick. would these fit under the car without too many clearance issues? im continuing to work on a side exit true dual set up (shooting for a roush mustang look) i just need to see a set of 4x9 3/4 inch mufflers under the car to see if there would be sufficient ground clearance.
thanks fellas
Travis
Old 04-18-2004, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

scratch that answered my own question with agoogle search
Old 04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slik98z
scratch that answered my own question with agoogle search
I run a pair of magnaflows and LOVE THEM.

See pics in me sig
Old 04-20-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

what size are those magnaflows? how well did they fit in the rear section where the t-top cubby thing is? any problems with the H pipe banging? my y pipe bangs a bit under heavy loads or going up hills and such. im wondering if the true duals will bang. any issues with the axle hitting the piping that goes under it?

sorry for all the questions im trying to learn as much as i can before i attempt to do this.
Thanks for the pics and the recommendations
Travis
Old 04-20-2004, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slik98z
what size are those magnaflows? how well did they fit in the rear section where the t-top cubby thing is? any problems with the H pipe banging? my y pipe bangs a bit under heavy loads or going up hills and such. im wondering if the true duals will bang. any issues with the axle hitting the piping that goes under it?

sorry for all the questions im trying to learn as much as i can before i attempt to do this.
Thanks for the pics and the recommendations
Travis
well for sizes look here http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/mag5x8mufw14.html i think i got the centered ones 2.5" inlet/outlet.
You shoud run an x pipe too not an H. Summit sells an x pipe kit fer ?$80.

I also got stainless band clamps to make removing it easy if I need to
Old 04-20-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know the xpipe will give me more power but i love the sound of the h pipe. i had both on my old mustang and the h pipe just had a better tone. but i have a x pipe sitting right here so ic an do both. thanks for the link. so there is a decent amount of room there for mufflers i see. and you got the center inlet/center outlet? looks bad ***, is it loud? i got lt's ory and a cut out (hookercatback too) and its loud as hell and ilove it, i want something a little more tame but still lodu as ****, just a little more daily drivable.

got any sound clips?
Thnx
Travis
Old 04-20-2004, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

y theres actually a LOT of room for mufflers under the rear skirt and i did get the centered ones. THe sound is insane! i had the same set up w tons o RASP, TD's are fuller, smoother and have ZERO rasp! Plus a sweet midrange gain!

I got those tips off ebay search "stainless camaro tips"

Its not cut out loud but man it rocks! Plus I got cammage/jet hots