Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, Huge Mega annoying idle problem, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Huge Mega annoying idle problem, HELP

Okay guys I am at wits end with this problem. The car starts and idles perfectly until you start driving. Once youve been driving for a little while and the car warms up the idle wants to go HIGH. And its when you push the clutch in while rolling. You can be at 1700 rpm and once you press the clutch it shoots up to 2500/3000 and just stays there until you come to a complete stop, in which it returns to about 1000. Ive taken the car to two different tuners. The second couldnt even finish due to this problem, so I am guessing its not tuning. Its not the throttle sticking because i blip the throttle and itll come down to where it was sitting before 2500/3000. I was thinking IAC or TPS maybe? The car also surges like crazy at certain speeds. I know this can be the tuning due to not getting to finish the tune. I dont remember it doing this until I swapped to my fsat 92 and offbrand TB. The fast was brand new from Texas Speed. And yes I got the FAST hardware.

Anyone have any ideas at all? This is driving me crazy
Old 03-04-2013, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

there is your answer right there, you swapped intakes and TB. You could have a vacuum leak and that is what is causing the idle to hang like that. So i would check for leaks, scan for codes, reset your IAC. If none of that fixes the problem, you need to get it tuned, and any reputable tuner should be able to give you some sort of info on whats going on not just "i don't know im not tuning this". But if they tried to tune it like you say, and they couldn't then sounds like a install issue when you swapped intake and TB. Check for leaks
Old 03-04-2013, 04:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm going to swap the tb tomorrow to see if it's the tb and go from there

Quick Reply: Help, Huge Mega annoying idle problem, HELP