Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head and cam gasket kit help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head and cam gasket kit help

i have looked all over and seen all kinds of gasket kits the most popular seems to be the one from texas speed for about 160 dollars does this kit
http://texas-speed.com/p-173-basic-h...asket-kit.aspx have everything i need to swap out heads and a cam. I have also seen this one on ebay but wasnt sure about it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-01-CAMARO...a11f58&vxp=mtr

I just want the best kit for the value to do a head and cam swap i noticed alot of kits dont come with an oil pan gasket which i heard i need.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer dealing with a reliable operation like TSP over an unknown on Ebay. And a lot of the stuff in the ebay kit is unnecessary. Happy wrenching
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Teching In

The Victor Reinz kit from the seller on ebay works well, although I got the kit without the head bolts. I had a set of ARP head bolts that I used.

It had a bunch of stuff I didn't use though (ie throttle body gaskets, exhaust manifold collector gaskets - because of Longtubes, egr and air gaskets - i deleted them at the time of the head swap)

Also didn't mess with knock sensors or the valley cover so didn't use those gaskets either.

Also I only did my heads, not heads and cam so your going to need all the gaskets associated with the cam swap.

So i would think that the Texas Speed kit would be better for you as it has those gaskets and parts.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

i seen the victor kit was normally good but what other gaskets would i need for the cam swap. i would really like the full kit if they sell one. I will prolly have to just call tsp

Quick Reply: head and cam gasket kit help