Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?? about Stainless Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? about Stainless Exhaust

Are most of you guys running all stainless exhaust?
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i do, i used to have bbks headers and an aluminized exhaust but it will rust. now i have arh's and bassani td's and couldnt be happier
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not until it's more of a weekend/show car. I'd want to take better care of my stainless when I get it. This will be the 4th and last year I dd my car(summer) and my aluminized piping is just now getting rust spots... I just sanded them off when I had it on the lift about a week ago. If you have the money and are concerned about looks than go with stainless.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I willl be running all steinless exhaust when my car is done. Too bad all the local shops dont weld steinless in my case
Old 03-05-2013, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Except for my stock iron manifolds, and the 409 stainless Magnaflow catcons, EVERYTHING else is 304 stainless.

This car sees A LOT of; rain, salt, snow, sleet, etc. as it is the exception on here being a year 'round, ALL condition, daily driver (hence the username), so I absolutely NEED the stainless exhaust (unlike the nice summer weekend garage queens).
Old 03-05-2013, 08:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Except for my stock iron manifolds, and the 409 stainless Magnaflow catcons, EVERYTHING else is 304 stainless.

This car sees A LOT of; rain, salt, snow, sleet, etc. as it is the exception on here being a year 'round, ALL condition, daily driver (hence the username), so I absolutely NEED the stainless exhaust (unlike the nice summer weekend garage queens).
Then go for it! It will be worth every penny! I jus dont know how that steinless is gonna do with that salt. Wouldnt the steinless rust/corrode?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
Then go for it! It will be worth every penny! I jus dont know how that stainless is gonna do with that salt. Wouldnt the stainless rust/corrode?
NOPE! THAT'S the WHOLE point of using austenitic 304 (or the better 321, etc.) stainless in your exhaust system (besides that it polishes up real nice for the blingy-bling crowd), it just does NOT rust, or corrode like aluminized, and 409 stainless eventually will.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yukonblu
Are most of you guys running all stainless exhaust?
I decided years ago when I got the hawk that I would save up the money and put stainless on. I didn't do it for the looks. I could care less what someone thinks of my under side.I did it because it was a DD and I had no plans of worrying about rust and doing it all over again every so many years. All stainless, and now it's kept away from the bad weather.

Quick Reply: ?? about Stainless Exhaust