Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Advice on Running Duals!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Some Advice on Running Duals!

I'm running LT headers into an ORY and then to a Borla catback. The sound isn't bad but i would like it to be a lot deeper and have better tone. So I'm deciding whether to spend the extra money and go 3" true duals straight pipe all the way back! What I would do is have the exhaust shop cut where the Y pipe merges into one, put an X pipe there, and then go duals straight back without any muffler.

Questions:

Is it going to be... CRAZY loud?
Would you recommend putting dynomax single chamber mufflers on each pipe?
Do you think I will see any gains out of this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will be loud but the pipes back will tone it down,dumped is extremely loud and lots of drone,i love borla but my tsp duals with sweetthunders have owned every catback in the sound department,i like chambered mufflers, borlas,there was a guy on here that did 2 long powersticks,and 2shorti ones before the tips sounded great,it might just be easier to sell your y and buy an x but youll have to research a lil bit on that,go to the true dual thread and gets some ideas,where you going above or below the axle?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duals imo are not extremely loud. Their just perfect. It does scream at wot throttle...fking love it. I'd get a set of sweet thunder chamberd mufflers. I've heard bullets and flowmaster super 10s. Champered is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Need Some Advice on Running Duals!