Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about LTs and warrenty

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about LTs and warrenty

i was just wondering if LTs voided just my exhaust and or engine warrenty or if the whole warrenty would be void? i'm having a dealer check out a possible problem in my transmission/rearend but don't know if they will say something about the LTs. i'm guessing it depends on the technition, but over all do you think i'll have any problems?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

probably going to depend on the service manager or service writer more than the technician, but who knows. What other mods do you have? Is this the first incendent?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

i have SLP LM exhaust, FLP LT headers, LS1 motorsports direct air flow lid with K&N, smooth bellow, pro 5.0 shifter, skip shift eliminator. yes its the first incedent..i was messing around with an import on the highway, went to shift into 3rd, and the car kicked right back out..banging noise and shuddering. i'm guessing it was the gears trying to catch. the car has been driving and shifting fine for the past couple weekends but i am hearing a slight "singing" coming from somewhere..just want to get it checked to be safe