Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum/PCV hoses.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vacuum/PCV hoses.

I just bought my 2000 Z28 back after selling it six years ago.
1st problem.
I had it in the air checking stuff out and thought i had a head gasket leaking oil, (oil leaking down the back on the engine on the LH side). Well tonight i was removing the nitrous system and found the LH valve cover has a hose missing that goes into the rear of the valve cover, there is a grommet there. On the RH valve cover in the rear there is a hose going to a little PCV breather. I didnt do that when i owned it. Should i reattach the hose from the RH cover back to the LH cover?

2nd Problem. The vacuum port on the intake right behind the TB, on the RH side, they capped off that port. Where did it go?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The port goes to your pcv system.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup, sounds like the PCV hose was removed. Here is a pic of how it routed from the valve cover and around to the TB:

You can either try and find one someone ripped off (I tossed mine), or do the 2004 LS6 PCV conversion (what I'd suggest). At the very least, get the valve cover plug to keep oil from blasting out. The part number is 12568011 -- it's only a couple bucks.

Quick Reply: Vacuum/PCV hoses.