Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Throttle Body Size?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Throttle Body Size?

I am looking to give the hp a little more boost in my 99 Ram Air TA. It already has a few mods and it is pushing around 365-370 hp, but I would like to get around 400 or a little over. I am considering buying a beefier intake manifold. I was also thinking about a larger throttle body as well. Any suggestions on the best size and brand?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on going all out sooner or later, the LSX manifold may be your best choice. The LS-6 would be the next option. A good ported stock TB will support the flow and bolt to both. There is no need for a 90mm manifold/TB at the point you are at now. Personally I'd go for the 78mm LSX with a Shaner, Jantzer, or Bauer ported TB.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the LS6 intake , the lsx intake has not shown consistent power increases , the results are all over the board , The ls6 is a proven to add 8 to 12 hp almost everytime. As for throttle body any good ported throttle body will work great as beast stated above.