Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing problem, what sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Timing problem, what sensors?

Heres the deal.... Il be driving along and the car will go dead for a split second and pick back up where it left off and also it does some weird stuff sometimes. I had it on EFILive and the timing showed steady except if dropped to 1* for a quick second and picked back up. Ive had this little stumble since new, but could never find it, but since its heavily modified... its alot worse. Are the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor the ones one the computer uses to figure timing?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Heres the deal.... Il be driving along and the car will go dead for a split second and pick back up where it left off and also it does some weird stuff sometimes. I had it on EFILive and the timing showed steady except if dropped to 1* for a quick second and picked back up. Ive had this little stumble since new, but could never find it, but since its heavily modified... its alot worse. Are the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor the ones one the computer uses to figure timing?
Does it stumble or just die, i had a bad maff with those symptoms..
Old 04-26-2004, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car stumbles.... goes dead for a second and picks back off. Its only under light throttle. The MAF seems to be reading fine