Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust set up

Ive got a 99 ws6 and I have right now long tubes without cats and the slp LM with a dynomax resonator and it sounds terrible, Im doing a whole new set up, Im not sure what to go with, Id like true dual but its hard finding somebody to do it out the back. I was thinking true duals with an h-pipe and flowmaster mufflers to get that higher pitch sound sorta like the 'stangs rather than the real deep tone. I dont want anything real loud just something loud enough to hear good and that has the best sound like what I said, higher pitched like a stang. I dont want the rasp that I have right now too. I was looking at corsa with cats, gmmg with or w/o cats, true duals, flowmaster 80 series with the y and no cats... please help me out here and dont tell me to look around! thanks a lot.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our ls1's will never sound like stangs. It's the firing order for one, and many other factors.

I had a higher pitched sound with True Duals X and Flowtech Afterburners. The X will flow better than an H.