Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt on question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Bolt on question

Hi guys,

Newbie here.

Can you guys tell me what ls1 bolt-on parts worked for you?

I have 2002 Camaro SS. Automatic. 32,000 miles. I would like to make the car a little more spunky without straying too far from the factory look.

I will post pictures later.

His name is "SilverICE"
Old 06-24-2013, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Full exhaust and torque converter are good mods.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Headers, cai, exhaust, UD pulley and stall converter...
Old 07-05-2013, 11:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Get something like a SLP lid, a CHRS1313 ram air or make your own, have your TB ported or do it yourself, TSP headers, ORY, and a catback if you want it quiet go with something like a Hooker or Magnaflow, a quality 3200-3600 torque converter. That will make a huge difference. Then other than the power department get some SFCs, rear LCAs, and relocation brackets.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Converter, 1 7/8 headers, and UD pulley. Easy 3 mods to do and make the most difference...
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome! Besides a cold air intake, Research your exhaust options carefully and make it a one time upgrade so it is relevant even if you do more major mods like heads and cam later: do you want X pipe, Y pipe, or True duals. Talk to a shop or two and check pricing and their capabilities. Investigate the tone you want your exhaust to be, lots of options. Here is what I have: Pacesetter Headers, 3" pipe throughout, QTP electric cutouts, Y pipe, high flow cat, Magnaflow catback. yes it is loud, some people don't want loud they prefer that low tone like a borla, or classic sound of the flowmaster, etc. Eliminating the rear O2's will require a pro tune, so before you pay for a tune - is also a good time to pack some more mods as mentioned in other posts so tuner can work with them all. Do all the free mods you can, ported TB's are cheap on Ebay, SLP makes a bigger MAF.

NOTE: if I were to do my exhaust all over again, I would go with painted or stainless headers, 2.5" pipe throughout, no cutouts, true duals, 2 fake cats, 2 small can mufflers out back. (see what I mean about really researching the exhaust project) Good luck with your ride!!!

Quick Reply: Bolt on question