Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearance problems with True Duals on a lowered car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearance problems with True Duals on a lowered car?

My car is lowered and I have a Bassani ORY pipe on there now, and I sometimes have clearance issure with it, but I have learned how to work around that problem , but some people think that I will have clearance issues with true duals... some think that I should gain room under the car.... the car is lowered about as low as you can go without it being SLAMMED...

does anyone have any troubles with this... did you gain or lose clearance under your car??
Old 04-28-2004, 04:14 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not too much clearance on my setup:

http://home.att.net/~carlos.ramirez1...2/site1013.jpg
Old 04-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Launching!

my car isn't lowered and i have about 4 inches at the most clearance. i wouldn't put duals on your car if i were you IMHO.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

see that is what i thought.... but TONS of people that said i didn't know what i was talking about and that i would GAIN clearance if they were installed right....

that is what i thought
Old 04-28-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Veteran

you will definately have clearance issues, i know because my car is stock ride height and its close, but the only time I have every hit anything was a very steep inlcine pulling out of a parking lot. But if you really take a look under your car your k-member actually hangs low too. Just something to get use to with these cars weather they rae lowered or not. I always take extreme caution.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

I am on a MAC lowering kit (about 1.5" drop), pacesetter longtubes, no cats, 2.5 X-Pipe dumped in dynomaxes before the axle. I "maybe" have 3 inches. I am debating putting at least a 1 inch spacer in the back end to increase my clearance. Having said that... with the sound and performance..... I still would not go back to the Y pipe
Old 05-06-2004, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

I've been talked out of doing duals. The advice I got was that our exhaust (assuming you have at least a catback) isn't really hindering the performance enough to justify the trouble/money, at least not until you get into some wild amount of HP, like 600-700+hp