Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Typical of po1133?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Typical of po1133?

Soon after changing out a power steering hose routed to my aftermarket cooler, my car acted like it was about to explode. It was shaking violently from the engine/trans. I thought maybe I had pulled a plug wire off or something while changing the hose. It would shake in gear, out of gear, moving, and parked. The idle was good, but after a little rev the rpm would stumble to around 500 before settling out at 1000. Oil pressure was good. There were no service engine lights. The car ran decently but then again I didn't want to risk getting on it too much. I got home and the plug wires were all secure. All sensors were connected, and so on. I suspected the engine mount was shot. But then I noticed a popping sound under light load at 50 mph in 6th gear. It sort of sounded like spark. I'd never heard detonation before but wondered if maybe it had a knock. So I ruled out the engine mount diagnosis. The more load the engine is under the worse it shakes. So yesterday I was on my way to the mechanic when I saw a service engine light pop up. I scanned it an got a po1133. Do you think these problems could be attributed to that? I know my O2s need to be replaced because I've gotten a po0132(?) numerous times on colder mornings. I also have a slight exhaust leak near the O2s. Any ideas?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 AM
12 Second Club

Car has LTs. Rear O2s are tuned out.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you replace the O2 sensor in question? If you have LTs, I would guess you may have melted the wires, start there.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks, but I found the problem. I have no compression on cylinder 5. Obviously a bad valve.

Quick Reply: Typical of po1133?