Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bah QTEC wont work...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bah QTEC wont work...

Did all the wiring, installed the plate ect. We got 12 volts all the way from the switch in the car to the last connection to the valve. Its the connection where you have to connect and turn for them to seal. Anyone have this problem. The switch lights up red/green when you hit it to top or bottom.

I also tried to run the valve directly from the battery and had no luck with it opening there either.

Mark
Old 05-01-2004, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02CamaroZ28
Did all the wiring, installed the plate ect. We got 12 volts all the way from the switch in the car to the last connection to the valve. Its the connection where you have to connect and turn for them to seal. Anyone have this problem. The switch lights up red/green when you hit it to top or bottom.

I also tried to run the valve directly from the battery and had no luck with it opening there either.

Mark
Had a similar problem with mine. I traced power down the line, had power all the way to the last connection. I kept pushing/twisting the connector, and finally it began to work. It's been on the car for two weeks and works flawlessly.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Had a similar problem with mine. I traced power down the line, had power all the way to the last connection. I kept pushing/twisting the connector, and finally it began to work. It's been on the car for two weeks and works flawlessly.
I left all the wiring in place, ill just have to jimmy rig the last connection i guess.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I considered replacing the QTEC connection w/ a GM style weatherpack connector. But, it began working and has been trouble free, so I'll just leave it alone unless it gives me problems again.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Junkie

hmm just make sure that bad boy is plugged in securly