Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you know about this intake?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do you know about this intake?

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/build...&ACCOUNT=10448

Was this a GM prototype only or was this an off the shelf design? It's an old pic so I figured more like the prototype. Anybody know what kind of air this thing moved. I'm interested since more and more of the LSX intakes are getting out now and wondered about a comparison with those and the LS6 intakes.

Just came across the pic again on my HD and noticed the different intake manifold. Looks to be a composite but it's hard to tell. Notice the oval TB. This was the GM Performance Division #6 car with the 427 and the massaged fenders.

I've got some more pics I can post if anyone else wants to see them. Like ya'll are gonna say NO.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a one-off piece for that car (Camaro C5R concept)
Old 05-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WEASEL

Was this a GM prototype only or was this an off the shelf design? It's an old pic so I figured more like the prototype. Anybody know what kind of air this thing moved. I'm interested since more and more of the LSX intakes are getting out now and wondered about a comparison with those and the LS6 intakes.

Just came across the pic again on my HD and noticed the different intake manifold. Looks to be a composite but it's hard to tell. Notice the oval TB. This was the GM Performance Division #6 car with the 427 and the massaged fenders.

I've got some more pics I can post if anyone else wants to see them. Like ya'll are gonna say NO.
yep, post them pics right now!
it looks like it is all composite, and i see that it has a T/B, and tps off of the LT1 engine.
looks like it could flow well, looks cool to.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cueball
yep, post them pics right now!
it looks like it is all composite, and i see that it has a T/B, and tps off of the LT1 engine.
looks like it could flow well, looks cool to.
also, it has diff. ignition coil packs than a LS1, dose any one know what kind these are, are they truck coil packs?
thanks
Old 05-04-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

Got around to adding some more pics. I didn't take these and they've been around before but I'm sure plenty of people haven't seen them. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
That was a one-off piece for that car (Camaro C5R concept)
Are you sure? After going back through the pics, I found a close up shot. Look at the 7th pic down on the left and the difference in angle . Is this a manifold for a 350/LT1 that's been 'rigged'. Looks like a metal manifold that's been texture painted.

Anybody know???
Old 05-05-2004, 04:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WEASEL
Are you sure? After going back through the pics, I found a close up shot. Look at the 7th pic down on the left and the difference in angle . Is this a manifold for a 350/LT1 that's been 'rigged'. Looks like a metal manifold that's been texture painted.
Sure of what? That it's a one-off piece? Umm.. since I haven't seen any more of them.. yes. Did they use an old TPI intake to build it.. I doubt it.. but guess it's possible.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:30 PM
FormerVendor

Thats a cool looking intake I like it in black maybe aI will do one of ours in black. It does look alot like ours. Our intake is working well on many big inch motors now.

And Yes those are truck coils.